"With the exuberance of a caper, determined protagonists, and a message steeped in family legacy, this is a splendid homage to adventure." - FOREWORD MAGAZINE - 5 out of 5
Unravel 'solve-them-yourself picture mysteries' and uncover the Legend of the Star Runner!
Following the clues concealed within a centuries-old family legacy, Timmi Tobbson and his friends hope to save a dear friend. But only twenty-four hours remain to unravel the legend of a long-lost pirate ship, buried somewhere deep beneath the city streets. Unbeknownst to them, their search awakens a mystical dark power, sworn to protect what is hidden on board the once famous Star Runner.
Mysteries to Solve
The adventure is divided into 31 concise chapters, each of which ends with a puzzle to be solved by finding and interpreting visual clues concealed within a beautiful color illustration. Suited for explorers and sleuths young and old. Children under 8 years may need assistance in solving some of the puzzles. Grade level: 3rd and up.
Beautiful Color Illustrations
Legend of the Star Runner gives readers the best of both worlds, merging the visual appeal of a graphic novel with text-based storytelling's power to spark imagination.
The illustrations of most Timmi Tobbson characters were inspired by actors and/or their fictional characters from well-known movies.
- Marvin was inspired by Gaten Matarazzo's performance as Dustin in Stranger Things.
- Sir London was inspired by Christopher Lloyd's interpretation of Dr. Emmet Brown in Back to the Future.
- Lotterlulu was inspired by Johnny Depp's character Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean as well as Dustin Hoffman's performance in Hook.
- The Guardian was inspired by the looks of American actor, director and producer Danny DeVito.
- Lilli's Grandpa was inspired by Sir Sean Connery's portrayal of the father of Indiana Jones in The Last Crusade.
Psst: This book contains a puzzle which is unrelated to the story and involves all thirty-one main illustrations.
- mystery books for kids 9-12
- mystery books for kids 8-10
- adventure books for boys
- adventure books for girls
- chapter books for kids age 9-12
- chapter books for kids age 8-10
- graphic novels kids
- books for intermediate readers
- books for reluctant readers
- solve riddles, solve puzzles, solve mysteries
- crack the case like a sleuth
- choose your own adventure books for kids 9-12
- choose your own adventure books for kids 8-10
- Adventures of the Black Hand Gang
- Gravity Falls
- Get a Clue
- Captain Underpants
- A to Z Mysteries
- Dog Man
- Boxcar Children
- Encyclopedia Brown
- Hardy Boys
- Ballpark Mysteries
- Seek and Find / Hidden Pictures
- Video Games Featuring Exploration
- Video Games Featuring Puzzle Solving
- Point and Click Adventure Games